Stakeholder and Aboriginal Relations
Athabasca’s approach to stakeholder, Aboriginal, and other community relations revolves around a philosophy of creating comprehensive, two-way communications, with consistent and accurate information.
Community & Stakeholder Engagement Philosophy
Athabasca Oil Corporation is committed to honest, transparent on-going dialogue with the communities, local residents and key stakeholder groups in the areas that we operate.
Athabasca recognizes that the community and stakeholder engagement activities will continue throughout the life of all projects planned within our lease areas and will continue to establish long term relationships with all key stakeholders and communities in which we have ongoing operations by:
- Engaging in meaningful dialogue about our activities.
- Being a proactive member in the community.
- Understanding, recognizing and respecting cultural differences within the communities.
Athabasca believes that relationships established today with communities and local residents represent a positive investment in a project’s future role in a region. For this reason, our community engagement strategies are built on principles that reinforce respect, understanding, trust and mutual benefit. These strategies are designed to meet five objectives:
- Provide communities and stakeholders with clear and timely information that meets their needs.
- Identify community and stakeholder issues, concerns and ideas.
- Provide communities and stakeholders with opportunities and venues to provide comments on company activities that may impact them.
- Build long-term mutually beneficial partnerships within the communities and with stakeholders who are potentially affected by our long term activities.
- Identify and participate in long-term, sustainable mechanisms that benefit the quality of life for people living and working in the regions in which Athabasca operates.
The approach to community and stakeholder engagement as outlined in Athabasca’s philosophy statement is designed to enhance understanding of community and stakeholder issues, identify options for their resolution and provide the foundation for appropriate choices for the future.
The best opportunities demand the best people. Join a company with a future as promising as yours.